Let’s dive in!
- Google’s sellers.json is now 1.2 million publishers.
- UK’s digital advertising spend dropped 5% in H1 but display ads grew 0.3% to 2.84 billion pounds and video 5.7% to 1.35 billion pounds.
- Digital ad spending will increase in the US 1.7% in 2020, but here is the by-industry breakdown:
- Pharma digital ad spend will increase by 14.2% in 2020, to $9.53 billion
- Oracle says that 5.3% of display ads are fraudulent. (“How quaint!” Dr Fou funnily observes!)
- DoubleVerify’s IPO will be valued at $5 billion.
- Ecommerce spending up 30% in the USA.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.