Let’s jump in!
- 51% of all spend will be digital in 2020–the first time ever it is above 50%!
- B2B digital ad spend will grow 22.6% in 2020 over 2019.
- Google Shopping ad spend was up 34% in Q2.
- A 2% tax will be charged, by Google, to Google Ads advertisers for taxes in the UK, starting on November 1st. Also 5% in Austria and Turkey.
- Retail digital display ad spend to increase 2.3% in 2020.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.