Some interesting stats from this week, let’s jump in!
- 81% of advertisers surveyed are still advertising on Facebook despite the widespread boycott.
- Digital advertising will be 72% of all advertising spend in the UK in 2020, as compared to 66% last year.
- Podcasting revenue will increase 15% in 2020.
- Amazon ad revenue to grow 23.5% in 2020, Facebook 4.9%, and Google’s will decrease 5.3% (click on the link for more stats!).
- 41% of survey respondents were neutral to the Facebook boycott, 30% viewed it favorably, and 8% less favorably.
- Netflix’s ad spend is 7% of their revenue now, which is 28% lower than last year.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.