Let’s jump in and see what the first week of the year looks like in terms of digital advertising, shall we?
- Even though Amazon still dominates with 77.7% of US digital retail media spend, eMarketer forecasts that Walmart’s US digital advertising revenues will hit $1.55 billion this year, increasing by 53.5%.
- According to eMarketer, US digital ad spending will reach the $239.89 billions this year, increasing by 13.6% from last year.
- Marketing Charts’ report on consumer trends show that 45% of Gen Z believe there is too much pressure to be perfect on social media, while 42% believe people should be more “real” on social media.
- Marketing Charts’ survey on Instagram usage shows that 60% of marketers use instagram stories and that, even though they are becoming more popular with brands, their reach remains lower than that of feed posts.
- Marketing Charts explained that, while digital audio service ad spending accounted for 42.1% of US total digital audio revenues in 2018, is set to account for 36.1% share this year.