Let’s jump in and look at what happened this last week in online advertising data:
- 52% of marketers say they use Salesforce or Microsoft to track their customer data.
- SOCi, a local digital marketing platform, raised $80 million in a Series D.
- Over 70% of marketers think the IDFA tracking change is a negative or strong negative.
- Programmatic CTV ad spend grew by $1.16 billion in 2020, and it will grow by an additional $2.37 billion in 2021.
- 55% of digital marketers say that social media is the biggest digital brand-risk factor.
- 57% of digital marketers say that location-based advertising data is generally correct.
- Ecommerce accounted for 17% of global ecommerce sales in 2021. (Editor’s note: WOW!)
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.