Let’s jump in to this week’s round-up of online advertising data:
- Vizio is suing MediaMath for $900,000 saying they haven’t paid their bills. MediaMath is saying that Vizio’s data usage didn’t trigger the minimum guaranteed payments. He said, she said.
- Digital display ad spend should grow 10% (up from the original 6.2%) prediction, while digital ad spending overall should grow by 7.5%.
- The World Federation of Advertisers says that 54% of large multinational brands are no longer deferring their digital ad spend.
- Brightcove says that during Q2, marketing and retail video views increase 114% YOY.
- US subscribers to OTT video services will increase from 192.7 million to 222 million by 2024.
- Digital ad spend in Germany will increase only 0.8% in 2020 over 2019, to 7.38 billion Euros.
- 19% of US adults will spend $500 on average on holiday gifts this season, down from 25% last year.