Let’s see what interesting numbers there are this week about online advertising:
- Programmatic/display is the media type most vulnerable to brand risk.
- US adults spent 7:50 hours/day online, up 15% from 2019.
- Social commerce in the US should be $36.09 billion in 2020, up 34.8% and accounting for 4.3% of all ecommerce sales.
- “In 2020, UK programmatic direct ad spending totaled £4.55 billion ($5.81 billion), up £0.48 billion ($0.62 billion) year over year. PMP ad spending in the UK grew by £0.12 billion ($0.15 billion) in 2020 to £1.15 billion ($1.47 billion).”
- Engineers are most likely to complete a form for a white paper online (44%).
- US viewers watched 23 hours/month of Youtube, followed by 5.7 hours/month for Netflix.
- Digital represents 40% of professional services user acquisition, up from 33% in 2019. Also, professional services’ firms % of revenue dedicated to marketing went up from 8% to 15% over the same time.
- SpotX acquired by Magnite for $1.17 billion.
- Alcohol is the only major retail sector that spends more on TV advertising than digital advertising (44% vs 30% of spend).