Boys & girls, let’s look at this week in online advertising data:
- Disney was the biggest spender on Facebook ads in the first half of the year, having spent $211.8 billion on ads.
- 74% of consumers say they prefer ads that are on subject with the content on the page.
- In-app video ads are watched to the end 79% of the time.
- Programmatic digital advertising to hit $63 billion this year, and that’s 84.5% of digital display ad spending.
- Telcos to increase their digital ad spend by 12% this year to hit $14 billion.
- Magna estimates that digital ad spend increased 5.7% YOY during the first half of the year.
- Digital ad spending on travel will be $3.24 billion in 2020, a 41% YOY decline. Who here is surprised?
- Digital radio ad spending to hit $3.72 billion in 2020.