Let’s jump into this week’s round-up of online advertising data:
- Vizio is suing MediaMath for $900,000 saying they haven’t paid their bills. MediaMath is saying that Vizio’s data usage didn’t trigger the minimum guaranteed payments. A classic case of he said, she said.
- Digital display ad spend should grow 10% (up from the original 6.2%) prediction, while digital ad spending overall should grow by 7.5%.
- The World Federation of Advertisers says that 54% of large multinational brands are no longer deferring their digital ad spend.
- Brightcove says that during Q2, marketing and retail video views increase 114% YOY.
- US subscribers to OTT video services will increase from 192.7 million to 222 million by 2024.
- Digital ad spend in Germany will increase only 0.8% in 2020 over 2019, to 7.38 billion Euros.
- 19% of US adults will spend $500 on average on holiday gifts this season, down from 25% last year.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.