Let’s jump in!
- 58% of “ecommerce leaders” say they are making user retention a 2020/2021 priority.
- 70% of ecommerce sites say they don’t know if their 2021 digital ad budgets will be higher, lower, or comparable to what they are today.
- Retail sports podcasts have an all-in-all conversion rate for ads on podcasts of 3.36% and that’s the highest category. Personal finance is second highest (2.56%) and then credit cards (2.53%). Industry average is 1.13%
- PwC estimates that by 2024, the online advertising market will be $153 billion, which will be more than double TV ad spend then.
- Sensor Tower estimates that global app revenues increased 23.4% YoY, from H1 2019 to H1 2020, to $50.1 billion, of which $36.6 billion came from games (which is a 21.2% YoY increase).
- Healthcare and pharma online ad spend in 2020 will be $9.53 billion, a 14.2% YoY increase, which is the second-fasted growing online ad vertical, after consumer electronics (which will grow 18%).
- Disney sold adtech vendor TrueX to Gimbal for $100 million.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.