In this week’s data about online advertising, let’s jump right in:
- 22% of all Instagram ad spend is on stories.
- The top three priorities for digital marketers, according to a survey–all basically tied for first place (with ~40% of all marketers surveyed saying these three are their top priorities)–are acquiring new customers, increasing share-of-spend, and getting more revenue from key accounts.
- 42% of big businesses say they coordinate inbound and outbound marketing.
- Emarketer predicts that in 2020, 80% of Americans will use email once per month or more, with 277.7 million email users in the USA by 2024.
- Pubmatic (an SSP) has filed to have an IPO worth $75 million.
- 85% of Youtube videos are played in the background and thus it is unlikely for ads on them to be seen.