In this week’s data about online advertising, let’s jump right in:
- 22% of all Instagram ad spend is on stories.
- The top three priorities for digital marketers, according to a survey–all basically tied for first place (with ~40% of all marketers surveyed saying these three are their top priorities)–are acquiring new customers, increasing share-of-spend, and getting more revenue from key accounts.
- 42% of big businesses say they coordinate inbound and outbound marketing.
- Emarketer predicts that in 2020, 80% of Americans will use email once per month or more, with 277.7 million email users in the USA by 2024.
- Pubmatic (an SSP) has filed to have an IPO worth $75 million.
- 85% of Youtube videos are played in the background and thus it is unlikely for ads on them to be seen.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.