Let’s look at this week’s numbers all about online advertising! Let’s go:
- Jungle Scout, a tool to help Amazon Sellers sell their stuff, raised $110 million.
- 65% of Buzzfeed’s ads use first-party data for targeting.
- In fact, Buzzfeed’s numbers turn out to be precisely the industry average in this regard, 65%!
- Pinterest’s revenue (almost entirely ads!) was $707 million (up a whopping 76% YOY!) in Q4.
- 24% of consumers say they have made a purchase as a result of an Out of Home ad.
- Brand posts on Instagram have 4x the engagement as compared to brand posts on Facebook or Twitter.
- 28% of millennials used social media to help made a decision purchase.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.