Let’s jump into this week!
- “The AP was able to reduce the number of SSPs it works with by 50%, leading to an 80% increase in header bidding revenue and a 500% uptick in monthly video revenue.”
- Podcasts are expected to make $1 billion in advertising revenue in 2021.
- 49% of digital advertising professionals say the biggest challenge in 2021 they face is 3rd party cookie deprecation.
- Digital video advertising will have a 3.6% inflation rate this year.
- “Comparing articles/posts with varying word counts, SEMrush found that content with more than 7,000 words received an average of 302 unique page views. This is a far higher average count than shorter content with 300–600 words (59 unique page views), 1,201–1,500 words (93) or 5,001‑7000 words (188). Indeed, there appears to be a strong correlation between word count and page views.”
- PPCs using Google Discovery campaigns increased by 73% over 2020.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.