Let’s jump in and see what this week’s numbers have to say about digital advertising!
- eMarketer’s survey shows that 79% of the respondents said they are not likely at all to allow app tracking with Apple’s new tracking standards.
- According to eMarketer’s report, in 2021, advertisers will increase their upfront CTV video ad spending by almost 50% y‑0-y to $4.51 billion.
- Also reported by eMarketer, ad spend in iOS has dropped since App Tracking Transparency took off, representing 43.84% of ad spend in operating systems in February, and just 29.71% in June.
- Marketing Charts study indicates that 56% of advertisers are planning to increase their spend in podcast Ads, 49% in mobile e‑commerce Ads, and 41% in social media Ads.
- Ad Exchanger’s article explains that the sell-side platform Magnite acquired the connected TV ad server SpringServe for $31 million.
Mora is a PPC Analyst at Hellbent Digital at work, and a theater nerd when not at work. And it turns out understanding theater—that is, how to put on compelling live shows that engage the audience—is a very useful skill for understanding digital marketing.