Let’s dive into this week’s online advertising data:
- Digital will account for half of all ad spend this year.
- GroupM predicts that the 2020 ad spend will be $215 billion, down 8.8% from the previous year.
- $17 billion is the size of the retail ad market, that Walgreens is now getting.
- Google, Facebook, and Amazon get 2/3rds of all ad spend.
- $10.8 billion was spent on Cyber Monday this year.
Morgan Friedman has been building and running Display campaigns on top of GDN Network of Adwords, err, he means "Google Ads," for almost 15 years. Friedman is, by nature, an obsessive optimizer, and has been A/B testing every obscure option, configuration, strategy, and tactic on Display Ads. Oh and search ads, as well as figuring out how to grow companies and politicians from just the seed to hundreds of thousands of users, or voters, as well. His favorite number is eleven. He enjoys writing about Managed Placements.