Let’s jump into what this week’s number and find out what they say about digital advertising!
- AdExchanger’s article explains that, since the pandemic, growth location-focused queries (such as “where to buy something near me”) had a 700% growth that lies on the back of needing to stay as close as your hourse as possible. The same article shows that on Amazon US, 58% of total sales were by small and medium-sized businesses.
- Marketing Charts’ forecast estimates that global advertising expenditure will reach $669 billion in 2021, 6% more than 2021’s number.
- The study performed by Marketing Charts shows that, in Q1 2021, podcast advertising performed better than Google Search with a site visit conversion rate of 1.58% compared to Google Search’s click-through rate (CTR) of 1.55%.
- eMarketer’s report on US Affiliate Marketing revenue growth shows that toys and software were the leading industries in this area, with numbers of 109% and 103% respectively.
- eMarketer’s study on B2B ad spending shows that, in 2021, 42% of total ad spending will be dedicated to digital advertising.