Social media platforms are always developing because the constant race to provide users with greater value. They update their features and policies to ensure they don’t lag behind each other. The changes affect marketers, businessmen, and advertisers in so many ways. In light of this, it is important to be aware of the changes and have all the updates for the last quarter of 2022.
Below, you can find a recap of the most significant social media updates of Q4. The most highlighted points of social media updates in Q4 aims to answer the following questions:
- Can Meta’s new ad formats and automated tools help stop significant losses of ad revenues?
- Can Twitter survive with or without Elon Mask as its CEO?
- Will TikTok continue growing despite the potential ban in the USA?
Here are a few key developments and statistics of the social media platform, Twitter.
The stats include the number of Twitter users, percentage of change, and percentage of social network users from 2019 to 2024:
- In 2019, the number of Twitter users was 312.7M, 347.6M in 2020, 362.4M in 2021, and 368.4M in 2022. It shows that the number of Twitter users has been increasing up until now. However, it is expected to go down to 353.9M in 2023 and decrease to 335.7M in 2024.
- The percentage of change in Twitter users worldwide was 6.2% in 2019, 10.3% in 2020, 4.3% in 2021, and 1.7% in 2022. In 2021 and 2022, the percentage of change was lower than before but was still rising. In 2023, it will be a negative change to –3.9%, which will become –5.1% in 2024.
- The percentage of social network users also shows a steady decrease after 2020. In 2019, the percentage of social network users was 10.2%, which increased to 11.1% in 2020. After 2020, it decreased by a small fraction and reached 10.2% again in 2021. In 2022, it was 10%, while in 2023, it is expected to reduce further to 9.4%. The next year, i.e., 2024, will show a major decrease of 8.8%.
The stats show that Twitter will lose almost 30 million monthly users from 2022 to 2024. This way, all the growth it showed during the pandemic will be wasted.
How Can Marketers Get a Better ROI Despite the Constantly Changing Social Media Trends?
Despite the odds, marketers can do better than their competitors in the online world by setting their budgets wisely and planning accordingly. If you are also struggling with social media changes, here are a few tips to help you optimize your social media marketing campaigns and get a better return on investment.
Know the Size of Your Audience
You must know the right size of your audience before boosting impressions. Don’t limit your audience size. Instead, try to reach as many people as possible. Explore more ways to create content, and get it in front of the eyes of your audience. You can also make the best use of new distribution channels by exploring new markets, and always remember to make a calculated decision based on how every step you take will affect your audience’s reach.
Integrate! Integrate! Integrate!
Since marketing trends and social media updates are constantly changing, you must have an integrated structure to run and maintain. First, split your budget plans, goals, and objectives to see everything clearly before integrating the system. It’s the only way to know where you stand. You must also know how to work with different teams with the same goal to get the campaigns running smoothly. You can first learn about each team’s skill set and strengths to assign the right task to every team to achieve a common goal in the minimum time and cost.
Adopt CBO (Campaign Budget Optimization)
Many digital marketers have adopted this technique to maximize their ROI (return on investment), but many marketers need to learn what it is and how it will work. To put it simply, it is a technique that you can use to have control over the cost. The machine learning models of advertising platforms must be allowed to have power over budget allocation. This way, the cash flow improves, and the platform can review all the activities based on their performance level within the campaign. This way, it is possible to reallocate the budget to make improvements. As a result, the campaign is likely to generate desired outcomes.
Tabinda has been writing since forever, and it seems that her educational background in Economics, politics, management sciences, and psychology has given her an incredibly deep and comprehensive approach when it comes to display ads and PPC.